Monday 31 October 2016

Grumpy Bunny Competition!



Hi everyone! Welcome back!

I hope you've all been having a great Halloween this year! And, with it being October 31st, I decided to celebrate by.....doing something that has nothing to do with it. lol. Not to say I wouldn't have done something Halloween-y, but I had a project that had the deadline of the 1st of November, which I was completing this week.

Now, some of you who have been following me for a while might remember me mentioning a competition I had joined, under the title 'Grumpy Bunny' - the project stated that the submitted art had to include the titular character of Bubblegum, from the comic 'Bubblegum and Marzipan' by Foxhat64, who was, for whatever reason, being grumpy. Permitted was any of the other cast from the comic as well, so long as Bubblegum was grumpy. Thus, in my head, I could only imagine the whole group of them stuffed in a room together with Bubblegum grumpy at having the attention taken away, and from that I ended up with what I like to call the Grumpy Bunny Pile Up.

Now, this project was something I admittedly put off for a bit after initially drawing it, mainly as it's deadline was very long, (literally about three months or so, perhaps longer) and I had other projects with closer deadlines, but I finally turned my attention back to it once more and this is the result! :)


(The full version of this is available on my Deviantart for anyone who wants to see it in its full size.)

Character wise, for those unaware of the comic, we have Bubblegum at the bottom, the blonde bunny, Marzipan on the left, Nash the owl on the right, Luna the cat on the top, and Cynder the fox peeking out by Luna's leg. All the characters, of course, belong to Foxhat64, though these are my iterations of them.

I do hope that it does well in the competition. Much like last time there are plenty of talented artists that have taken part, so it should be fun to see how we all do. Wish us all the best! I'll be sure to let you all know how things went once the results are called :)

So, until next time!

Tara



No comments:

Post a Comment