Monday 14 August 2017

Chibi Sketch!


Hey everyone! Welcome back!

So I've been doing little bits and pieces to the angel picture that I started last week. Its a little slow going, since I've been a tad busy, but the shape is beginning to form somewhat. Its likely that I'll be having to do small details and adjustments as I go along, however. I'm a little unsure about the wings of the angel at the moment, as a lot of details even smaller than the main part will be needed. I'll be giving a picture based update on that soon enough though, once I feel that some of its true appearance will come through. Or at least until I have a lot more of it finished, if only to give something a bit more interesting to look at.

On the other hand, considering I've been experimenting on styles a little with the angel piece, I thought I should maybe have a little experiment on another style that I don't tend to focus on much, but if pretty fun to do anyway. That is....chibi!

Admittedly, I don't think I have a real set style with this. It might be because even my somewhat overly cartoony seeming pictures, similar to the cartoony drawing of myself I did a while ago, it isn't exactly a 'chibi' style. So I thought I'd give it a go. I had started to add a little shadows on my pictures of Aster I mentioned a few posts ago, so I thought, hey, while I'm working on that, maybe I'll try out chibi with that character? If only to get my hand in before I try out other characters in that style, too.

While this is still part way between extremely rough and sort of rough in terms of sketch, this is what I have so far of Chibi Aster:

As you can see, there is still a lot to do, but it has been coming out pretty well so far. I'm currently working on the little details - I know the eyes are a tad off at the moment, and I'll need to put more details in things like the knife, as well as what I actually want to do with that other hand. I have a few ideas at the moment, but I'll be having a bit of a test with those. It will either stay as it is, have them holding another knife, or maybe showing off their powers a little bit. It'll be fun to see what works. If everything goes well with Aster here, I might try my hand at doing other characters, either my own, chibi versions of characters from fandoms I enjoy, or maybe even something done on request. Not entirely sure yet. We'll see how it goes!

One thing I know I'll be working on for a little bit is an actually requested item, though - a banner/logo for an ebay shop that has been doing well recently. That will certainly be something new for me, as it involves typography, rather than a character of some kind. As I'm not a graphic designer, it might be a challenge, but it is one I will do my best to rise up to! I'm unsure if I'll need to make a new font from scratch, or if I'll be able to find something that my client would like, but either way, I'll keep you all informed on my progress.

Of course, if anyone has any suggestions for me that might fit a game selling online store in terms of fonts, then that will be a great help. If not, well, it'll be fun coming up with combinations to present to him and see if any of them take his fancy. Considering I'm a big fan of games (RPG types, mainly) its pretty cool to be asked to do this, too.

Well, until next time!

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment