Monday 7 August 2017

Angelic Experement



Hey Everyone! Welcome back!

So...Ever been bitten by a horsefly? I have. For what seemed to be the hundredth time st this point. What is even more funny is that I don't live anywhere near horses. But where I walk my dog seems to have become home to some of them. And I swear they must be mutants - the one that bit me decided to do it through my leggings! I didn't even think they could bite through cloth (and it couldn't possibly have been that one was in my clothing before the bite, because I was wearing them all day with no issue) . What is worse is that it got infected, too. So I'm currently on antibiotics to help get rid of that. I don't seem to be having much luck lately, huh?

So, with a burning leg that itches like crazy, I'm not entirely sure that I was able to draw at my best....possibly the worst time to experiment on things. However, despite this, I did very rough sketches of just about anything to keep my mind off things. As it was, one of these sketches gave me an idea to have another play around with a different art style, the one I used to make the portrait of Shinobu before. I was sketching just a random woman, and it ended up turning into some kind of angel.




True, the sketch in and of itself was ridiculously rough, not even with facial features, so I thought it might make for a good base to work with art that wouldn't have any lines to it when finished. At this moment in time, its still pretty rough, even the bits of colour that I've done so far, mainly as a lot of detail will be needed, including hair strands, adjusting eyelashes, the finer things, along with the more detailed light and shadows that will be needed, as well as blending certain sections to make it a tad bit less obvious that I was working in sections. All in all, it's a work in progress that might take me a while, especially with the tweaks that will need to be done once the main colours are finished to make things stand out a bit more.

This is what I have so far:



As you can see, the hair currently looks like bunches of bananas, but, once finished, it should look more like locks of hair. Shadows and lights will be added as I go along, and further adjusted. This picture will likely have a lot of edits done to it until it is fully complete. Hopefully the effort will be worth it once I'm finished. Fingers crossed? I'll be showing my progress on this as I go along, as it may take a while, especially since this is a style I'm not the most familiar with when it comes to drawing people.

With hopefully less ouches, until next time!

Tara


No comments:

Post a Comment