Monday 14 May 2018

I Have A Plan!!!



Hey everyone! Welcome back!

So, I've been thinking of a little project to do on the side, mostly in relation to the blogs, mainly because my wrists have been a little on the sore side and I'm being careful in hopes I dont end up with Tendonitis again. As you may remember, a while ago, when I was last suffering pretty badly from tendonitis and unable to really draw, I explored different myths and legends about dreams, with a touch of dream interpretation. While I would never class myself as an anthropologist (though that sounds like an amazing job, not gonna lie. Respect to those training in or working in that field) I've always been interested in mythology and how people interpreted various things that created the myths in the first place. Without things like that, we might not have so many diverse beliefs in the past and such rich mythologies in different countries.

Essentially, I was considering doing something similar to what I did with the dream based myths, but with my drawing, sketches or interpretations of different myths, with a bit of information about them. The reason I was thinking this is because of the other comic I'm joint working on with my partner in crime in TanraStudios is heavily based in mythologies, being at its core about a supernatural detective agency. Since I'm doing the research anyway, it would be killing two birds with one stone. I know that we've touched on them in the script based side stories that are posted on the TanraStudios blog. So, I'm thinking that, in-between my usual blogs, I might do some info and sketches about some of the myths and legends I look up. It could be a ton of fun, to be honest, especially when there are myths that cross over different countries and have somewhat different takes to them. Who knows, some of these creatures may even end up popping into Dreamwakers, because hey, in dreams, anything is possible.

In the meantime, I'll admit that I've not been particually busy on the drawing front, as I mentioned (fingers crossed on the wrist thing) but I did a little doodle here and there just to keep my hand in.

Is anyone ever inspired to doodle just because they happen to have a pet? I certainly know while I was at university, one of my comic ideas (which I didn't get to do in the end) was going to be about the antics of my, at the time, new puppy and the cat I had. They used to sleep together and get up to mischief. My cat even taught my dog how to beg. Pretty funny thing to see.

I do still want to do a comic about those two, even though my cat passed away before I finished uni. Their antics should be remembered!

But anyway, once again, with just pen, I decided to do a sketch inspired by my dog!


Admittedly, it's without the particular markings in his fur, so it kinda looks more like the dog from the film Up. But for a drawing that took only a minute or so, it came out pretty good. Maybe I'll do a full body one and do shading too. Or try to do dogs in lots of different styles. I suppose it would all depend on if I'm trying to take it easy with my wrists, or if I'm focused on one of my projects again :)

Either way, if all goes well, I'll see about doing some blog posts based on the mythology thing with images, if not I might just talk about them, or I'll be doing my usual thing. Its all the change things up a little bit and make it fun for all of us, especially you guys who read my rambles each week. Thank you!!! You're all awesome!

Until next time!

Tara


No comments:

Post a Comment