Monday 15 October 2018

New Masamune Sketch!



Hey everyone! Welcome back!

I've been a bit under the weather this week. I occasionally get flare ups in my back and I've been suffering a bit with that, making it somewhat difficult to really work on much before I've needed to move around or otherwise not sit in front of a computer for long when I'm not at work. Still, I have worked on a sketch for something later.

If you've seen a picture I drew of a character called Masamune at one point, I did another drawing of him, though at a different angle and position. The previous picture held him at a side view, whereas this one is a bit more of an angle with some perspective to it. The sketch is pretty much a work in progress and may have changes as I go along, depending on how it goes.

So, this is what the first version I ended up with:

I'm a little unsure about the angle of his body as he seems to be curved in a strange way, so this is something that will need to be fixed so his back doesn't look like its been curved into a C shape. This should be fixable by adjusting how the clothing sits and the shadows of the opening so he seems more as if he is leaning forwards instead.

The other part I'm unsure of is his hair, whether it's causing the image to seem unbalanced somehow. I'm considering switching the sides it is on, but at the same time, it does look like he had just scooted back from something (If I put dust clouds around his feet, so the hair could be at that angle from momentum.

The bandage-like socks  and the wrapping in his hair, as I possibly mentioned in the previous image, are meant to resemble the way cloth is wrapped around a sword hilt, mostly an aesthetic to combine with the fact his limbs can become blades.

This sketch also includes some faint set up lines and stuff that I had been drawing to help me with the pose a bit, though as mentioned I did screw up a bit on his actual body.

Still, though its not much, what do you all think? As always, I'm happy to hear feedback!

Until next time!

Tara


No comments:

Post a Comment