Monday 17 December 2018

It's The Christmas Countdown!



Hey everyone! Welcome back!

Long time no see, huh? Sorry about that. For anyone who isn't following me on twitter (or missed the message), I wasn't able to post last week due to my rather erratic work hours. I work in a pub, and during this time of year, those hours increase and can be at any time of the day as well (at least during the hours it's open). A lot of people go out to celebrate Christmas (Or winter holidays, or whatever you might personally celebrate), so this month is usually difficult for me to keep to any other kind of rota when I could be called in on pretty short notice.

Which was pretty much what happened on my last post day.

Either way, I will try to post properly over the rest of the Christmas/ New Year's season, but I'll be sure to post on twitter if things go a bit pear shaped.

Gripes and excuses aside, like I said, its the Christmas season! Less than 8 days until Christmas day! (At least at the time of my writing this - the day is almost over, after all). Is everyone ready for Christmas? I'm....surprisingly mostly done. One thing left to arrive and things to wrap. I pretty much needed to be, since I'll be working on Christmas day itself.

The reason I called this the 'Christmas Countdown' isn't quite about me hoping that last thing gets here on time, or simply counting down to Christmas, but I wanted to use these days leading up to Christmas, when not at work, doing a Christmas picture from scratch. Its a personal challenge I've given to myself here, but I'm also hoping to give it as a gift to the forum that I frequent, with at least one of characters from it as the subjects looking...well, Christmas-y. I currently only have some vague ideas in my head, so I'm hoping that this challenge will help push me a little.

I am hoping it'll be done by Christmas day itself, but if it isn't, I'm still going to at least finish it. If nothing else it'll be a belated present. But my goal is to have it done as a Christmas present to the forum.

Of course, I'll be showing it here as well.

My next post should hopefully be on Christmas eve (though work may get in the way), but if not, I'll be posting a message to let you guys know, and will give the update on the next posting opportunity.

Wish me luck, everyone!

After Christmas/ New Year's is done, things will settle at my pub job and posting should go back to Mondays every week. In the meantime, please bear with me! Thanks!

Until next time! Merry Christmas incoming to you all!

Tara


No comments:

Post a Comment