Wednesday 7 October 2015

Beginning a New Project!

Hello everyone! I'm Tara Washington, aka Chosha Kurenai and I've begun a new comic project. I've made some comics before, but this project is not only something I've been wanting to do for several years now, but is also one of my final projects for my graduating year in Cartoon and Comic arts at Staffordshire University.

One of the things we had to do was top present six story ideas to a panel, who would question the ideas and eventually vote as to which idea was preferred. Of course, this could be ignored if the artist wanted to, or they could go with the most voted project. For me, as I want to do all the stories I have at some point, I decided to go with the most voted project.

As you can likely guess from the title of the blog, the story I decided to go for is called Dreamwalkers, which is a pilot for the longer series I want to do which will either continue with the name Dreamwalkers, or be called Dreamwalkers SOS.

This blog will be covering my work towards Dreamwalkers from now until completion, with some additional information concerning another project I'll be working on alongside this with a fellow comic/manga artist, Nadia Williams. While she is mostly in charge of Pandora for the first volume, I am co-writing the story and will be drawing art for it and will be part of various podcasts until it is my turn to be in charge of it for Volume 2. For the main information on Pandora, however, please check out Nadia's blog:

http://pandoradiaryz.blogspot.co.uk

As for Dreamwalkers, this is my main project, which is a minimum of 24 pages (though it highly likely that it will go on for much longer), in colour, which tells the story of a young man plagued by monsters ravaging his nightmares until he is approached by a mysterious team known as SOS, who reveal the monsters in his mind are far more than jut plain nightmares.

On this blog, I'll be showing sketches, discussing ideas and developments, eventually until the full story is complete. After that, hopefully I'll be able to reveal more information as well, including where to fine the completed works and any future projects.

I hope you enjoy the journey into the realm of Dreamwalkers - I know I will!

Until next time!

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment