Friday 13 November 2015

Progress!

Hi everyone, welcome back!

I'm really happy! Last time I updated I said that I had made a little goal for myself to have my base sketches to the point I had got to in thumbnails. I managed that and more!


Obviously I couldn't show the pages properly without spoiling everything, but all my sketches are in there. As you can see, its a heck of a lot of paper! I ended up drawing all of the thumbnails and a few more pages as well. And even if I don't end up completing all the pages into colour, I would still have hit my target for hand in. I do hope, however, if things go well that I can reach the end of the first volume completely. If I manage that then by MCM next May, I should have two volumes of Dreamwalkers out rather than the one I was originally planning on, which I'm really happy about!

For a bit of an update, I now have the first version of my front cover, four pages finished and awaiting sound effects/words to be added to them, and three almost finished pages. Here's hoping that progress continues as well as it seems to be doing.

On the front where Pandora is concerned, I've also been doing a little bit of work there as well, mainly helping create the website's 'sprites'. While the majority of the work towards Pandora is still in Nadia's hands, I have provided a base sketch for Huxian:


Nadia will be doing the inking and adding colour to him, however. I also need to do one for Mizuki, the other character I created for Pandora. However, for all that her design is simple, Mizuki has been a bit difficult for me. At least I have the base sketches for several posters done, but unfortunately, they wouldn't quite fit what is needed as the 'sprites' for the website, so I have to keep working on it.

Mizuki, please behave and let me draw you!

Poster wise, I currently only have one done for Huxian, which can be found on my DA account, but I have sketches done for Mizuki, Rodessa, Violet and a character who is something of a spoiler. 

So I think this past week has made quite a lot of progress!

I've also been doing a bit of research recently as well into webcomics. Originally, I was just intending to sell printed copies of Dreamwalkers at conventions and such, but webcomics seem like a viable way of distribution as well. I'm currently looking at different sites that might be good for this, though I've not made any plans into these yet. I'm just making a list of some sites and will be looking at the pros and cons of using them. 

Oh, something else to mention is that Dan Painter had appeared at the Studio, and after giving a talk on storyboarding, did give some really good advice. 



Something we are hoping to do for Pandora is make a trailer to have playing while at MCM. He seemed to like the idea and had some really good tips. Makes me wonder if I should do something for Dreamwalkers. Part of me wants to try to make a semi-animated one, or maybe an animatic in a way I did in one of my early modules at uni, though I'm unsure when I would do that...Possibly after I've finished a couple of volumes? Its a thought either way. Its something to keep in mind. 

We have a meeting later on next week with a potential musician for the instrumental that should be going along with the Pandora trailer. I'm actually really looking forwards to this! 

Still, as much as I'm progressing, there's still a lot to do! Back to work I go!

Until next time!

Tara


No comments:

Post a Comment