Sunday 5 June 2016

Comic Con Leicester!!!

Hey guys! Welcome back!

So, I was over at Leicester this weekend (just got back home from there, in fact) as part of TanraStudios for the ComicCon there. It was our first time tabling there, but we had a pretty good weekend, despite a few hiccups along the way. 

Firstly, unfortunately we had to hold off on selling Dreamwalkers at this convention, as much as I really hoped that it would make its debut there. Basically there was some problems happening on the end of where we get our comics printed from. Its sad, but we've been informed those should be ready for next week, so they will appear at the Degree Show and at Mall Con. 

These things happen, unfortunately, where no one is really at any fault. Oh well. It seems somewhat fitting, actually, that Dreamwalkers should debut at the Degree Show, since it was started as part of my course (though admittedly I've wanted to start Dreamwalkers for years. lol)

Despite various technical difficulties, on the plus side, the con itself was a blast!


We almost sold out of comics, having only 4 left out of 22 that had come with us, we managed to give out fliers that advertised our upcoming website and sold quite a few commissions between us. The ones I got were certainly fun to draw. I got an interesting selection, from portraits to an Original Character, to Tracer from Overwatch.





I have to admit, I think Tracer was my favourite to draw, but I had fun with all of them, and everyone seemed pleased with them as well, which I'm happy about. Nadia also got a few Digital commissions as well, though we did have an unfortunate computer crash. Still, while a little delayed, those should be headed off to their respective owners tomorrow.

All in all, we did pretty well! The money we earned will be going towards our website that we're building right now. We're looking forwards to that!

Oh, we also found this awesome place after the first day of the con, since we stayed over in Leicester for the night.


We got this delicious BubbleTea from Taste of China, and, let me tell you, it was 100% better than the BubbleTea we tried elsewhere. And with tons of flavours too. I had a rose one and it really was good. We purposefully tracked it down before we came home, too, for another. I think I'm going to miss that BubbleTea...

Anyway, we had a ton of fun. If the opportunity crops up again, we'll certainly be going back, both for the Con and for BubbleTea :)

Hopefully, the Degree Show and Mall Con will also offer a good success.

Until Next time!

Tara



No comments:

Post a Comment