Monday 8 August 2016

Tech Attack



Hi everyone! Welcome back!

Is it just me, or does it seem that whenever you're getting somewhere with work, there are technical hitches? ...Well, admittedly some of this particular 'hitch' is my fault. Sentimentality perhaps? Or me just constantly saying 'it still works, it'll be fine!' despite dubious looks from everyone else?

Essentially what I'm saying is that, after a good....nine years or so, my laptop (which I use for all my digital work) is starting to die. Though it's probably been on a decline for a while. The fans in the computer broke a while go, so I've almost burned my finger on the mouse pad until I got myself a computer cooler pad to put underneath it, and it seemed to have been holding out. It also, for some reason, has problems remembering that I have a pen driver for my tablet installed, and I have to keep reinstalling it once, sometimes twice a month without warning and seemingly for no reason. The battery doesn't hold charge for longer than half an hour, so it has to remain plugged in when in use as well. But lately, it seems that the charger wire is also having some issues. Part of the wire, if it doesn't sit in just the right position, seems to disconnect to the plug, so the charge wont get to the computer. It literally cut out on me yesterday because I wasn't paying attention to the lack of charge symbol on the bottom corner of the screen.

It was annoying, since I had been in the middle of working on the picture for the competition for Foxhat that I mentioned a few posts back and literally lost all the shading and highlighting that I had done. I was really sad about it :(

As such, while this particular computer isn't completely dead yet, I'll be looking out for a new computer, one that's probably more suited to digital art than my current one, which I got way before I began any digital art.

I'm currently looking into what kind of computers would be best on my current budget, though it'll certainly be a good investment, I think, especially since I'm working on part two of Dreamwalkers. If anyone has any suggestions on good laptop types for digital work, or even must have programs for the new laptop, please let me know, I'd really appreciate the help :)

Oh! I do have some good news, however, in relation to TanraStudios. Pandora, our main show runner and currently drawn by Nadia Williams, my partner in crime, so to speak, is now completed and printed.

If anyone is interested in Pandora Chapter One, Dreamwalkers Chapter One, Unbound or Susanoo, you can email us on tanrastudios@yahoo.co.uk for more information, and, if you're interesting in buying any of them, we're also happy to ship them out to you. :)

Well, hopefully next post I do will have a bit more in way of productivity without technical issues causing....well, issues. lol. But if I do still have a lot of issues, then I've an idea of what to do! I'm thinking of doing something similar to what I've done on Deviant Art in the past, which was giving out some character facts for the Deamwalkers cast. Nothing to spoilerish, of course, but still, so you can learn a little about them :) I'll also do some pencil sketches until I have full digital capability back.

Until next time!

Tara


No comments:

Post a Comment