Monday 12 December 2016

Christmas Project: Start!



Hey everyone! Welcome back!

So, soon it'll be Christmas - only about two weeks away now! Man, time flies, doesn't it? I still have a lot to do before I'm fully ready for Christmas where presents are concerned for friends and family, but I still have time to do a little project.

You see, as you may or may not know, depending on how long you may have been following my blog for, I've been working two comic series. The first being Dreamwalkers, which I talk about here, and the other is a project done alongside a friend. Pandora's art is currently being handled by said friend, though the both of us are working on the story. Eventually, the art will pass to me and we will back and forth. With Nadia, our work all comes under the name of Tanrastudios.

Well, I wanted to make a Christmas present for my friend and fellow Tanra-lite! :)

This in mind, I was hoping to draw a season's greeting using one of the Pandora characters (well, two, if you look at what said character is holding, though that one would be more of a cameo than an actual character picture). Out of the characters we created for Pandora, one of the main characters, Rodessa, was originally created by Nadia (whereas the other main character, Mizuki, was made by myself), so I decided to draw a Christmas Rodessa. Currently, I only have the sketch work that I will probably need to do a few adjustments on to get absolutely anatomically correct, but this is the basics of what I have in mind:


Sorry about the photo quality of my sketchbook sketch. I'm afraid I'm no photographer. But this is the basic idea I had in mind, which I will hopefully have inked and coloured and presented to Nadia for Christmas. The space over her shoulder should also end up with a Christmas message as well :) I do hope to make it look a little more interesting at inking and colour stage though, as I know just a sketch isn't always that interesting. lol. But I have been having fun with the basic sketch, especially where her hair is concerned.

I'm hoping that Nadia will enjoy the gift to her, since she has been working pretty hard to help with Tanrastudios with me, and I want to let her know how much I've appreciated the help, as well as giving one of my close friends a big Merry Christmas as well.

I'll keep you all updated on how the project is going and, hopefully, how Nadia reacts to the gift as well.

But, until next time!

Tara


No comments:

Post a Comment