Monday 16 January 2017

Birthday Gift!



Hey guys! Welcome back!

So, its almost my sister's birthday and I unfortunately wont be able to attend her birthday event because I can't get off work from my day job, unfortunately. So, even though I already have a present for her, and will hopefully be able to arrange a small birthday hang out with her for a different day, I thought I'd make her a birthday pic! If I get it done in time, I might be able to get it as a birthday card if I can get it sorted out on the right website? Its a thought. If not, it could always be an e-card, right?

Dawn might be reading this herself, but hey, you don't know my main present yet! lol. But if you are reading, feel free to tell me your suggestions if you want anything changing on it, or any particular colours, I don't mind :)

So, the subject of what I want to do wasn't too hard for me to work out. My sister loves Penguins. Admittedly, they are very cute, so I have no problems drawing them for her. With the penguin idea in mind, I thought making said penguin look party-like would be good. So either cake or balloons or presents, party hats, that kind of thing. I tried doing a party popper, but I seemed to be on a bit of a fail where those were concerned. Shame though.

Either way, I messed around a bit and finally decided on the sketch I was happy with:


Yay my phone camera skills! They suck as usual. lol. Anyway, I decided to go with a more cartoony style for this. Not exactly a particular reason for it, other than it looks cute and It would work with bright, bold colours. It was also just nice to play around with styles a little bit again as well.

There is, of course, still a lot to work on, such as doing a digital version of it and I'm still thinking of a background. But I'm also looking to see if I can get the image on a card creating site, and that might not have as much flexibility in editing, or it might have tons, I'm not sure, but I'll be looking at my options on that and seeing what I should do.

If anyone has a good suggestions for card making websites though, let me know! It'd be a great help :)

So, this is my current mini project I'm working on alongside Dreamwalkers, so I do hope that all goes well. Wish me luck!

Until next time!

Tara 


No comments:

Post a Comment