Monday 22 May 2017

Character Portrait Continued



Hey everyone! Welcome back!

So, I've been continuing on the portrait project, mainly because the forum has now moved to one hosted entirely by us, and is able to host pictures. As such, I've been asked to help on the art side of things. So, with Arashi done, I moved on to the second of my....uh.....many characters to portrait. This time it is the young blind ninja OC, Tomoe Naoya.

So, like last time, I began with the base sketch:


Originally, the headband ties were not going to be shown, but because it somewhat resembled bats wings, and Naoya actually gets by with his hearing, it seemed a pretty good comparison to me. As such, they were added in. With my sketch done, I moved onto the digital form!


The line art was a bit thicker than I meant it to be - I think I changed the size while working on a different project and only realised once I finished the whole thing. But I think it came out pretty well. My favourite part was doing the hair on this one, or rather, the hair highlights. The 'light ring' sometimes looks a bit weird, but it looked a bit more like the light was hitting some hair strands as well. It was a bit of an experiment, though, so let me know what you think.

I have started working on the sketches for new portraits to come, so will show you what I'm working on as I get to them. I hope you enjoy the little project!

If you're interested in the forum at all, you can check out our old site here or come and check out our new site over here. You can see character profiles and the events of the story as it unfolds as well.

I hope you enjoy my character portraits project, and will continue to check it out :)

Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment