Monday 15 May 2017

Character Portrait Project



Hey everyone! Welcome back!

So, Now that Bendy and the Ink Machine has inspired me to draw many other things as well as those about Dreamwalkers, I decided to look at some of the Original characters I have only ever sketched in the past and decided to do portraits of them for the purpose of showing in the roleplay that they are all part of. As a forum moderator, it makes sense I should probably show what some of the figures look like that are part of the main plot.

As such, I started with, admittedly not my oldest characters, but one of my more interesting ones. Perhaps it is because I have been looking at horror playthroughs, but it certainly inspired me to draw one of my more.....Ah....psychotic OCs.

So, here we go! Say hello to Yume Arashi! I began with a base sketch first, which I like to do freehand in pencil first.....though this one I actually drew in biro for the lack of having any other drawing materials on hand. I'm surprised it came out so well with minimal mistakes!


Sorry if the image is a tad blurry. Still, the real version allowed me to use it as the base for the digital version.


Just in case the image is not too sharp, you can see the fully uploaded version on my Deviant art page here: Yume Arashi

So, yes, I mentioned Arashi being a little on the psychotic side. Well, Arashi here has an ability which, unfortunately, has a side effect that can cause eventual psychosis. Probably doesn't help that he was something of a psychopath to begin with anyway. Arashi is one of the few character's I've written as who enjoys causing pain and suffering, even if he might be a good actor at times to make it seem otherwise. It is somewhat creepy when you can write a torture scene, trying to get information out of an enemy, with the torturer being joking and teasing the entire time, honestly, as you start staring at your hands wondering where the heck something that dark came from. But that aside, he is probably one of the most interesting characters to write as, as you're also writing his decent to further insanity. If nothing else its interesting in terms of narrative.

I'm considering doing more portrait like profile pictures for different characters as well for the role play, if only to help people to see exactly what characters may look like in an otherwise fully text based roleplay.

As usual, comments and constructive criticism is always welcome :) After all, it will all help me improve!

Until next time!

Tara


No comments:

Post a Comment