Monday 29 May 2017

Doing a Thing Again!



Hey everyone! Welcome back!

So, yes, more portraits, but while I did post up one earlier on in the week (and will of course be talking about it today, I have also been working on a few other things that I'd like to share as well. First off, I will get the portrait I did of another character out of the way first. This time the character I did was Inyouwagou Kaneai:

If the image is a tad blurry, you can see it in its full glory here

I will admit, I wasn't as happy with this one as I was with the others. The headband somehow seemed to push up the head, or perhaps the poofy hair made it seem like it did, and that was even after adjusting the sketch. I think I was having an off day, as I sometimes do when it comes to art. Still, I'll admit I did, again, enjoy doing the hair. While not as complicated as some hair styles I've done in the past, like for Rodessa or Nagisa, it was still pretty fun.

Now, I have also made two sketches of some portraits that I want to work on next:






That is Mangetsu Shinta and Tatsumaki Shinobu respectively (drawn directly in biro, btw). Now, I've decided to do something a little different. One I'll do in my ordinary style, the other I want to do in a style that doesn't actually use line art. Or at least very little if one doesn't include finer details. I've done something like that before with Hex Doll - a character out of a comic idea I have for the future, and a somewhat unfinished fan art I mentioned before. I want to see if I can actually use it on human characters and, if I can, what it might look like. I'm hoping to experiment a bit, not looking at tutorials to see what I can come up with and see if I can pull it off. If I can, I may look into doing something similar with the help of tutorials to refine it in the future.

If nothing else, it should be interesting to compare the two art styles, don't you think?

So, until next time!

Tara


No comments:

Post a Comment