Monday 11 September 2017

Sir Sketchalot



Hey Everyone! Welcome back!

So, I've been feeling in the mood to just do some good old sketching recently. Digital stuff is all well and good, but sometimes you just feel like having a bit of a doodle, so to speak. Admittedly, half the time I 'doodle' tends to be with a pen and hoping to god I don't make a mistake, because I'm a prat and forgot to go fetch my pencil. But I suppose it comes from my early days of doodles when they lived in the corner of school work books. But hey, if nothing else, it does help you to be very careful not to screw up as best as you can, because unless you have those special pens with ink specific erasers (I used to have one of those a long time ago, I'll admit), you can't get rid of a pen mistake.

Ah, digital art certainly spoils you when a simple back space can ensure no accidental ripped pages or smudge marks, huh?

So, considering I had been indulging in my Undertale-ness last time with my Sans pic, I decided to do a few Undertale sketches, two of which might even make for interesting little icon/avatars if I decided to digitalise them - a distinct possibility at some point.

So, this is what I ended up with!



Strangely, I think my version of Alphys ended up far more adorable than I was intending, but I'll admit that I did enjoy sketching these three. As you could probably guess, Napstablook was probably the easiest to draw - not exactly surprising since, despite his cuteness, his design is pretty simple. Meanwhile the most difficult was probably Toriel (and I realised I misspelt her name on the pic only after I wrote it because I'm a bit of an idiot *hides from Undertale fans*) because drawing her snout from the front view is a little more awkward than side view. Considering that was probably the first time I've ever actually drawn Alphys or Toriel, however, I was kinda proud, honestly.

Along with my Undertale sketches, I also started a base sketch, digitally, for a potential icon/avatar, or just a lose up pic of an Inkling from Splatoon as well. It's still pretty rough at the moment, since I'm trying to work out where the best splat layouts should be, and its still at the rough sketch phase, but if it all turns out well, it could make for an interesting picture when finished.


Depending on how it goes, the Inkling should be in the 'Agent' uniform, though it'll be interesting seeing if I can manage those interesting ear pieces when I actually get to the...Uh....literal inking phase. (It is so hard not to end up with a list of ink puns here. lol). I do get an 'inkling', however, that it should be fun to do :)

Until next time!

Tara




No comments:

Post a Comment