Monday 25 March 2019

Door (Sign) To Childhood!



Hey everyone! Welcome back!

So as a little bit of a break from drawing characters, I was coming up with an idea for a design for a child's bedroom door. You know, signs that say who's room the tag belongs to. I guess I was somewhat inspired, since I have been doing various designs for images that would go in a child's room.

While I had previously been focusing on Alice in Wonderland, I had been shown alternate ideas for the room images and thought I might give those a try as well. The one I favoured the most in my sketches ended up being a room tag, with the child's name on it in a nature theme, while involved branches, leaves and animals. While only really a first sketch and something that could be worked on into more depth, what I ended up with was this:



Apologies for the quality of the image - as usual, my photography skills leave much to be desired. Still! The idea was for a young child, using cute but simplistic designs for the animals - which, if I wanted to, could easilly be replaced by different ones like bunnies, mice, other birds, dogs, cats etc, depending on the preference. The surrounding area, which is admittedly rough at the moment, and the name would be like wood or vine-like plants. True, this one has the name Tabitha on it for now, but it does show that longer names can fit in it without a problem - if I'd used a short one like my own name for it, then it would be awkward to adjust if a longer name was required

So, when I'm not experimenting with my art style, I was considering making a full colour version of something like this and see what people think. Would anyone be interested in seeing a full version of this or even a range of kids door nameplates? I am interested in what you all think.

Until next time!

Tara


No comments:

Post a Comment