Friday 25 December 2015

Merry Christmas!!!

Hello everyone! Welcome back! And Merry Christmas Everyone!

Over the past week I've been doing various pictures over on my DA page - admittedly not overly much to do with Dreamwalkeres, but doing digital versions of some OC characters that are used on a Roleplay forum that I am part of. One of which was also sort of a gift/present for one of the other Roleplayers,

If you're interested in seeing some of those, have a look on my DA page at:

http://chosha-kurenai.deviantart.com/

As well as creating a Christmas avatar, I had also created a mascot character called Luphin, a character that would be used during Pandora. It actually began as a joke during the last MCM I went to with Nadia, where I bought an odd looking cat plushy that I would jokingly call a 'Marshmallow cat' due to its shape. I jokingly thought that, because of its stubby legs, it wouldn't be able to walk, and would only be able to walk around saying 'La la la la'.

This ended up being an on running joke and the start of the invention of the character Luphin, I mentioned it before as an idea for a business card, so I had made a base design in colour of the Luphin.


I had drawn a sketch before, but this is the full coloured version that the business cards would be based on.

As a Christmas reference, I decided to also do a Christmas Luphin as well! While I tell the silly stories behind that on my DA page, I can show you the Christmas Luphin.


One last thing is to do with the logo for Tanra studios. After it was looked into by John Charles, we discovered that our previous logo was a bit off, at least on a graphics stand point. As such, we have, with the help of an external source who has a graphics stand point, created a new logo for Tanra Studios, though it still has the fox and wolf motif from the previous one.

This is now our current logo that we are using:


We were thinking of a similar manner that Dark Horse's logo works, that on a light background it would be dark, with reverse colours on a dark background. The title of the studio was done in a font that would be easier to read no matter what background we have or what colour we choose, something that couldn't really be chosen with our previous logo.

What do you guys think? If you have any thoughts on our new logo, please let us know.

I'm also starting work on the competition entry I mentioned earlier on in the month as well. So far I only have the base sketch, but I'm hoping to have it all done before I return to Uni. I hope it goes well!

Until next time, have a Merry Christmas!

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment