Saturday 13 February 2016

Back Into the Swing of Things!

Hi everyone! Welcome back!

With True Believers done for this year, I've been getting back into doing all things Dreamwalkers. Line art wise I have everything done up to the first of two thought out endings of the comic, though it is likely I'll be trying for my second ending, as it seems to be far more fitting. In the talks with other people as well, its the preferred ending too. As such, I will be sketching out the additional pages soon.

I've got most of the colour done on the pages I have done too. Most just need a few extra shadows in there to be done. I'm sort of bouncing around at the moment between pages, so that it would let me work on a different scene for a verity of differing colours etc so I don't get bored. lol

Well, less bored and more so I don't give myself repetitive strain injuries. lol. My wrist is far more better than it was a couple of weeks ago, but it twinges if I am working on the small details for too long. I need my writ to behave itself after all. I'd show you bits of those, but unfortunately, its during a very spoilerish part of the story, soooooo....Yeah. Unfortunately, can't show any of that just yet. Though once I've got a page entirely finished, I will show maybe a panel image, so you can see a bit of what I've been up to without me spoiling important plot points.

In addition to the pages I was doing, I've also been doing some other, little things as well. I finished a chibi version of Rem, which is likely going to end up becoming a keychain or phone charm - I thought he came out quite cute, if I do say so myself. lol.




I did two versions of them. One of him reading a random book, the other with him reading Susanoo. One is probably better for advertising purposes though. like on price lists. The other likely works better for being a keychain etc.

Going along with something I did over Christmas, I once more made a seasonal Luphin! This time for Valentine's day tomorrow. I'm hoping to make one for ch major holiday - so the next one will me an Easter Luphin. For this one, though, I decided to have two Luphin's looking all cuddly together. I thought it would look adorable.

Most Luphin's I've drawn so far are pink, but yes, I plan to have them in all kinds of colours. lol but aren't they cute? :3

They are going up on DA tomorrow, for Valentines day - you guys just got a sneak preview of them!

As well as that, I've been helping out a bit at the uni with some new students who might be joining the course I'm on. It's been pretty cool - I just explain to them about how the course works or about the uni and answer any questions they or their parents might want to know. They all seem like great people, so I hope they did well on their interviews!

We've also started looking into how things are going for the Degree Show - true its a while away yet (like, in May) but there is a lot of prep work we have to do. I've been helping out a bit with layouts for a brochure. Not sure if any of them will work well or not, as Graphics is not my strong point, but hey, if it helps, then I'm glad to try! At the moment, they're all rough sketches, but we'll eventually have mock up pages for those, too. We'll all eventually vote on those next week to see which layout we'll be using.

Honestly, the whole class is really throwing in their all on this, its really cool! Our Degree Show is gonna be awesome!

....I so hope I didn't jinx that...

Aaaaanyway, next time I can hopefully give you some picture based updates on Dreamwalkers. I have a plan for the back cover, for example, which, if it comes out right, should be pretty cool. And It has been a while since I last showed a picture update on the comic itself. But with so many pages real close to being finished, I should be able to show clips of it soon! :)

Until then!

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment