Saturday 27 February 2016

Never Underestimate Art!

Hey Everyone! Welcome back!

I've been thinking of changing up my avatar a little. You know the one I tend to use - you can see it on the author page for this blog :) - well, that was one I admittedly created a couple of years before I really started to get the hang of digital art (it was just before I started working on Susanoo). I was thinking that, since I was getting better digitally, that I should also create a new little avatar to use on my blog, twitter etc and in the 'here's how to find me' pages in my comics etc.

Well, I made a sketch that I'm quite pleased with that I'll start to make into a digital version soon. Here's what I have so far!


Obviously, its currently only a rough sketch, but I think it could have some potential? I'm sure I can have a bit more of a play with it once I get started on digital versions. Though Dreamwalkers will come first, of course.

And on that note:

Soooo....remember how last week I said it would only take me five pages before I finished the first chapter of Dreamwalkers? Yeeeeeeeah.....that didn't quite go as planned. lol. Seriously, five pages really wouldn't have given me enough space to work with where the pacing was concerned, In fact, it ended up being 13 extra pages to finish the story, bumping up my page total to 40 pages for chapter one.

I, of course, can't show all of my thumbnails, but I can show some of them, along with some minor calculations I was making as to if all the pages would fit together and wouldn't leave tons of blank, unused space - The poor trees would hate me if I did that! lol.

Anyway, here are the thumbnails for you guys to look at at your leisure. Though warning, they are veeeeeeeery rough.



Sorry if they're a bit faint - just think of it as me not wanting to spoil anything, if that's the case, rather than my shoddy photography work. lol. (I'm afraid that I'm not near a scanner at the moment). Still, good news is that I've pretty much done all my line-work for these extra pages digitally now, and am currently in the process of adding all the flat colour to them. 

Touch wood *knocks on desk* but if all goes well I think I'll make good time. Uh....hopefully.

I'd show you some of the final line work but once more its a bit spoilerish. Sorry about that. Hopefully my sketch work will suffice for today. 

Oh, something I did do as getting me into drawing feeling before I started working on the avatar idea was a quick fanart sketch from the game Undertale by Toby Fox (obviously the character belongs to him). I just happened to be listening to the soundtrack at the time and ended up sketching Papyrus from the game (have a guess which song I was listening to at the time, Undertale fans! lol)

Anyway, this is what I ended up with. I thought it came out well. Maybe when I have time I'll do a colour version of it. After all, only the best for the Great Papyrus, right? lol


Aaaaaaanyways, that's all from me for now. Hopefully next week I'll be able to show you a panel or two from Dreamwalkers and will be close to finishing it as I hope I am, or even with a new Avatar in toe. Either way, I'll keep you guys informed!

Until next time!

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment