Sunday 24 July 2016

Doing a Thing!


Hey everyone! Welcome back!

So, with graduation over and my degree now sitting in a nice frame, I've had to get back to real life things. Along with more pub hours working (I'm bar staff when I aren't working on art), I have two new projects that I'm working on: a competition entry and a tattoo commission. I'm currently in talks with the client about what they would like from the tattoo - I don't think anyone would like something on their bodies they don't like, right? - so for today I'll be talking about the competition entry.

I've entered a competition before by Foxhat, which I did early on in the year and was one of the two joint winners. As such, I decided to have a go at the new competition that she set up. The perimeters are essentially to have the character 'Bubblegum' from her comic, 'Bubblegum and Marzipan' be in a comedic situation which results in Bubblegum being grumpy. Additional characters from the story could be included. Admittedly, the actual deadline for this isn't until November, but I thought it best to get started on it now and I can take my time on it while working on other things as well.

As such, I decided on a kind of pratfall, which used pretty much all the main cast, mostly for laughs, considering the personalities of each character. As such, I worked on the basic line art for the entry:



The characters are as follos. Bubblegum is the grumpy rabbit eared character at the front, with Marzipan being the other, more cheerful rabbit. The winged man is Nash, with Luna being the cat woman. The fox child in the back is Cinder.

Currently, I only have the flat colour done of this, using the colours of the character references, and there is still room for additional detail even before I do the fur/hair/wing shades, lights and shadows that the art needs. But this is what I have so far:


 It seems to be coming out so far, though I do hope I kept everyone in character. I'll enjoy putting all the finishing touches to it.

In other news of things that I've been working on, TanraStudios now has a Facebook page, so, if you're interested in what myself and Nadia are up to and want any additional news from the two of us without waiting for our blog posts, then come check us out.

Here's the link!

www.facebook.com/tanrastudios/

We hope to see you there!

But, until next time!

Tara


No comments:

Post a Comment