Sunday 3 July 2016

Practice, Practice, Practice :)



Hey everyone! Welcome back!

So....my wrist is still acting up somewhat - I've been getting pain in my hand when I put them under cold water, as well as the aching to my wrist. I've been keeping it strapped up when needed, however, as I do have plenty of things I needed to do this week.

Namely, practice.

Why practice? Well, since I am technically no longer a student, I no longer have access to the Cinteq tablets at the university, and, admittedly, I rarely used the Intuos that I actually own. So, I've been doing some practice using my Intuos, mainly as I needed to get used to the hand-eye co-ordination needed to draw in one spot while looking in another. So, before I started to begin the digital versions of part two of Dreamwalkers, I wanted to be certain that I wouldn't have difficulties in my hand-eye co-ordination.

Thus, practice!

I decided to practice, I took a look at some old OC characters I had made for various Role-play forums in the past and decided to recreate them in digital form, since a lot of my past work had been hand sketches. That way, it would allow me to get used to the Intuos without messing up the Dreamwalker scenes.

Admittedly, most of the practice was to do with line art, though I decided that I would eventually finish them with colour as well. These are some of my (in progress) practices:



As you can see, they are pretty much either all flat colour or, in the case of the last image, in progress. As mentioned, the majority of these characters were from Role-plays online. However, I think that the practice has been rather helpful. It also gave me the chance to, in the latter image, to practice using perspective tools as well. All in all, I felt that the practice helped out quite a bit, especially as I sketched these completely digitally as well, rather than using my usual method of pencil sketches scanned up to complete line art.

So, with these practices in place, once finished, I will have a good basis, using my Intuos, to work on the digital versions of Dreamwalkers Part Two.

Of course, I may continue with practices where colour is concerned as well, in order to better improve. :)

I'll keep you up to date on my practices if I do any more, along with any more Dreamwalkers information, or more on TanraStudios.

But, until next time!

Tara


No comments:

Post a Comment