Monday 12 March 2018

Where Will You Be?

Hey everyone! Welcome back!

Do you know when you dig through some of your old things in order to get better organised and get rid of old junk and you end up digging up some interesting things? I dont mean stuff like rubbish that should have been thrown away or old clothing that no longer fits in this case, but rather old work or pictures that you drew when you were younger. The kind that you look at and think 'Did I really do that?' or 'God, what was I thinking?!'

Well, as you can probebly guess from where I started from here, I was, indeed, looking through older stuff. Most of it was because I was looking for specific storyboarding for Dreamwalkers at the time, old notes, plans for later, that kind of thing. While doing so I actually found something I drew a while ago (during University) that was essentially one of those 'Where do you see yourself in ten years' kind of thing. I've done similar things at school, as I recall, although most of those were written things or just a single picture we would have to draw. This one we had 9 panels to essentially draw a 'day in the life story' depicting where you want to be in ten years.

It was only a pencil sketch and pretty rough, but it ended up being me getting ready, working on comics that are part of Tanra Studios and doing the 'handover' to Nadia, my partner in crime. (For those of you unsure, the story of Pandora in its comic form rather than the mini tales and hints given in the blogs that give additional info about the general world of the story, is done between Nadia and I, with the first volume currently being drawn by Nadia and will eventually come to me for volume two, then back to Nadia and so forth). It somewhat amused me, so I thought, hey, why not show it here? Who knows, maybe in ten years I can look back on it and see if what I hoped for is a reality at that point.

Please excuse it as it is a bit crumpled. Apparently old me needed to invest in a better folder. lol



Here's hoping that it isn't too faint. 

To be honest, doing a 'day in a life' comic strip wouldn't be a bad idea. Well, it wouldn't be daily as, honestly, I'm fairly boring, but I do sometimes hear fully stuff at the pub I work at (The amount of stupid questions or overheard conversations is rediculous) and my dog can be funny (And always cute). I also get to see my young niece fairly often too, so who knows, I might do some quick sketches. Maybe one day I can make a compilation of just silly real life scenarios. If nothing else, if I ever ran out of other things to do, I would end up with plenty of material for a short series :) I recall I contemplated doing a kids comic for a uni project once that was likely to be based around my dog Oscar and my late cat Toby (I miss the little fluff....), though in the end, due to page limits I ended up doing a short story who's main character ended up being one of the forerunners (and eventual sibling) for Rem in Dreamwalkers.

Still! More stuff for me in the future :) Still, it is curious to think of where we might be in the future, if we have dreams and/or ambitions we want to achieve, or if we have any plans at all. Where do you all think we'll be then? Well, whatever it is, we'll have to do our best. The future is only what you make of it, as they say (whoever 'they' are. lol)

Anyway, until next time!

Tara



No comments:

Post a Comment