Monday 26 March 2018

Devilish Sketch!



Hey everyone! Welcome back!

Do you remember that devil boy I did? I showed a few concepts for the comic idea where the characters were concerned and messed around with an idea including possible colours for him. Well, this time I actually have a poster idea for the guy!

Long story short, my devil dude is just kinda fun to draw. lol

But either way, a sketch became a poster idea (though the background for it is still a little up for debate) and thought hey, why not show him? I do hope to get it into full colour at some point as well, after all. So, here's what I got!

It's meant to be a kind of shot of him laying down, though since it only shows his top half and I haven't really put any indication in the background that he actually is lying down, such as creases like on the cloth under the sketchpad, so I suppose it currently looks like he just flung his arms behind his head. lol.

Its possible I put in a few too many straps on the body, too, so on the digital version I may need to play with that a bit too, along with the straps themselves. The current straps don't look particually belt like, but likewise they dont quite have the 'click into place' thing I was going for. Still, the joys of digital means I can experiment without ruining the paper or the base drawing.

I may have mentioned that a few times in other blogs, but hey, bares repeating!

For those of you who work purely with pen, you have my upmost awe to pull off such works of art without messing up, let me tell you! Course, I might just be a bit too heavy handed as well. Still, you people have skill!

Still, if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions, feel free to let me know! It's always good to see if there's room for improvement (believe me, there is always room for it! I'm always happy to learn new skills!)

Until next time!

Tara


No comments:

Post a Comment