Monday 26 November 2018

Alice in Sketchland!



Hey everyone! Welcome back!

So today I have another Alice in Wonderland sketch for you all that's to become part of the Mural I've mentioned I'm working on. The project looks like it's going to be a big one and will end up including other Alice in Wonderland characters, either on the main Mural or in other parts of the room. I'm admittedly a bit nervous about the actual painting part of the job, but I'm currently researching the best brushes for the job right now.

(Of course, if there are painters and decorators out there who have any advice on that front, I'd love to hear it!)

So far in the line up, I've shown you the White Rabbit and the Cheshire Cat (If you missed it, check out Sketches in Wonderland, which has those images on it). As I mentioned in that post, the plan is to do the sketches, put them onto Manga studio so the client can pick and choose who will go where on the image, then the final positions will be saved and that image will be used as the basis for the wall design. So, this time I have drawn Alice herself.

Admittedly, I was nervous about drawing Alice. While I have no particular issue with Disney animal types, I've found it more difficult to draw in a Disney human art style. I can't say for sure that I have it down pat, of course - those who Draw for Disney are awesome! - but I have done my best and the client is happy with it for the purpose of planning. It's a little rough, but it is the first sketch after all!

So, without further ado, here we are!


I think the bit that still annoys me the most right now is the mouth. However, once I'm certain of character placements, it will be easier to adjust her expression, as well as the direction her eyes are looking in. I have a few ideas for other characters to have in the image, such as the Mad Hatter, the March Hare, the Dormouse, maybe the Caterpillar or the flowers. Maybe even the two 'Tweedles'. I didn't think that the Queen of Hearts or her soldiers would work for this image, though (Everyone I'm drawing doesn't look worried enough about the Queen screaming for heads to be 'offed'. Plus this is for a small child's room).

I have a few ideas for what they would be doing, such as the 'Tweedles' being either side of a tree the Cheshire Cat would be in mirroring each other, or the 'Hatter' crowd having a Tea party picnic under said tree. Still, it all depends on the client and their personal selections for the final placement image. So, a long way to go, but it should be fun.

More on that as it unfolds though! 

Until next time!

Tara



No comments:

Post a Comment