Sunday 3 April 2016

Pictures Galore!

Hi guys, welcome back!

Well,. I had been meaning to do more work on the script for Dreamwalkers part 2, but a little stuck in places at the moment. I have some scenes I know exactly what I want to happen, but I mainly need to connect them so they aren't really awkward. I think I was having some writers block this week, though, unfortunately, so instead, I've been working on some sketches.

Firstly, I've been working on an external piece at uni - basically we were asked to draw caricatures for the guests that will be coming to Stoke-Con-Trent this April. I decided to draw Jesse McClure. (Here's hoping he's ok with it...After all, no idea what kinda art styles he likes. lol). Here is a quick photograph of what I was working on mid way through:



Forgive the bad photograph. Anyway, I had just finished flat colours at that point in time. It's now pretty much finished, though I probably wont have it up anywhere until after the con, just in case. Still, I certainly had fun with it. I just hope that it's what Stoke-Con was after.

I've also started working on base sketches for a joint poster with Nadia for when our comics, Pandora and Dreamwalkers, both come out. Though I have to do the characters separately, in order to be able to do any tweaks before they go on the same page. I'm in the middle of working on a good pose for my character from Dreamwalkers, but I did complete the base sketch of Ro from Pandora:


(please forgive the fluffy part near the top of that picture, my dog was sleeping. lol)

Lastly, if you've been following Nadia and I over on the Tanra Studios blog, a few weeks ago we mentioned that we're starting a Youtube channel, with various playlists on there that range from talks about our comics and the joint universe, to discussing things like tropes, to general rants about silly anecdotes from real life. The Youtube channel will be partially animated, with drawings that were done by Nadia and I. I've basically been doing some of the 'puppets' based sketch forms (which we would later add clothing and more detail to, etc. I had to do a bunch of different emotions in body language. As they are in a 'chibi' style, they are a bit different from my normal work, but it's been fun to draw them - its then drawing regular things that felt so weird afterwards! lol

I wont show all of them here - save a little of it for when the channel is up and running - but here is a bit of some of them:




There are several pages worth of these sketches, ranging from happy, startled, angry etc, though admittedly there are more than two or three sketches on those pages. Still, I hope that you'll look forwards to the finished ones.

Anyway, here's hoping that I get over my writers block for next week, as I really want to try to start thumbnailing chapter two of Dreamwalkers soon. But I'll keep you posted.

Until next time!

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment