Sunday 31 December 2017

Fairwell 2017!



Hey everyone! Welcome Back!

I know this is a day earlier than I usually post, but today is, of course, the last day of 2017 and I thought that I should do one last post for the year before we begin the new one with bright new posts and info. If nothing else, its always good to have a reflect on the past before looking forwards to a bright new future. That in mind, before we say hey to 2018, let's give 2017 a fond farewell. After all, this past year has had many a thing happen.

Yikes, it barely seems like yesterday when it was turning 2017. Where on earth did this past year go? I have no idea. I just know it's flown by. Has anyone else experienced that this year?

Beyond that, though, I know that the year's been a busy one!

For me, I know this year has offered me plenty of opportunities to work on my art, be it just for fun, for practice, or as part of my freelance job. Suffice to say, the fact that I've had all those opportunities around my pub job has been great! Admittedly I'd certainly be happy to have more opportunities in the coming year. I think one of my biggest regrets was that I didn't really get to focus on Dreamwalkers at all, which I think I want to put into more focus this coming year. Gotta keep myself a bit more focused than just on drawing whatever I want between commissions. But hey, getting used to certain colouring styles and experimenting is all part of helping to keep my art up to date, so it wasn't exactly a waste of time. Not to mention that working on commissions or other freelance work was certainly something I'm hoping this coming year will bring as well! I'm always happy for the work, of course :)

Beyond that, the year's been pretty good with my family as well. My little niece turned one this year and is the most adorable kid ever! (Of course, I might be bias there. lol). She's talking and a speedy little thing when running around as well. She refers to me as 'Rara' since she hasn't quite got the hang of the T in my name yet. But I get to see her almost every week and its great. Another little hope from me that things will keep going just as good for her as they have this year.

On less positive notes, one thing I've found is that I did seem to get colds and coughs a lot this year. I have one now, in fact (one I probebly need checking out, if I'm honest - We think I probebly have a chest infection. Yay...) so I should probebly look a bit better at either my diet or maybe vitamin intake. If I can I want to not have to cough up a lung half of the year. But hey, having a better diet is a good new years resolution anyway, right? So it's not exactly a horrible thing to reflect on.

Speaking of New Year's resolutions, I guess that, beyond the diet thing, my new Years resolution will be to get Chapter 2 of Dreamwalkers finished. Maybe even work on the third chapter as well. I know we of TanraStudios as hoping to do multi-chaptered comics, a bit more like manga rather than singular chapters, so that's our main aim for us, or at the very least my main aim for Dreamwalkers. So wish me luck on my endeavours because I know I'm definitely going to be trying my very best this coming year.

Not many hours left of 2017 at this point, but for all of you, I hope that you have a good ending to 2017 and I hope that you all look forwards to a great new year! I know I'm looking forwards to it!

See you in 2018!

Tara


No comments:

Post a Comment