Monday 23 April 2018

Fox Lord!



Hey everyone! Welcome back!

I've been on a bit of a mythology streak this past week when not working. I've always been pretty interested in different mythologies and my favourite part of history back in school was whenever we looked into the mythologies of different cultures. Hell, even Dreamwalkers does touch on some of that - for example the naming 'ranks' of the different types of enemies, even the way some of the dreams turn out.

Speaking of mythology, a long time ago, I made an image of a Kitsune (fox) in human form. Foxes with the ability to transform is one of those mythologies that shows up a lot, though most people would think of the Kitsune, the Japanese version of this particular supernatural type of creatures, though foxes gaining supernatural powers have been seen in Chinese and Korean mythology too. The idea of normal animals gaining the ability to perform supernatural feats is pretty awesome. I mean, imagine if your pet could start to talk with you!

But anyway, a while ago I did do a picture of a fox in human form. Admittedly, I liked it! Though looking back on it, it was a little odd in proportions and my style has changed a little since then. As such, I wanted to have another go at drawing the character. As such, I decided to remake the picture of the fox lord:


Admittedly, this is currently only the sketched version and not fully the final form, but I do hope to make a digital version of this. If nothing else I'm a little happier about the hand, though I know I do need to fix the proportions a little more (trust me for doing this as a quick basic sketch rather than thinking about it a bit more, but having it rough does mean I can play with it a little more, maybe even experiment a little with colour to make those tails really seem fluffy, not to mention the fun I can have with the shadows with the cloth covering his lower form.

All in all, its still pretty rough and I might see about doing other sketched versions before I settle on the final one. Once its done, I can then do a compare and contrast with the old version. Admittedly its not quite as old as some of the characters I've drawn in the past (those ones will be really interesting to see how they look now!) but it will at least show the difference a few years makes :)

Wish me luck!

Until next time!

Tara



No comments:

Post a Comment