Monday 30 April 2018

Pen Sketch!



Hey everyone! Welcome back!

So, does anyone ever get the urge to sketch while you're at work? Obviously not when you're meant to be busy, but while you're waiting for something (or if in the service industry, someone) so you can do more at your job. In my case it would be on a slow day working at the pub, no one is waiting to be served and I've already restocked annd whipped things down. Well, I had the urge, but only had scrap paper and a biro to work with. So, basically, can't afford to make too many mistakes, cause the sketch would be permanent (Or at least would waste paper that I didn't have much of).

As you can guess, I decided 'what the hay' and decided to do a sketch. I didn't particually have anything in mind at first, even considered drawing Rem or Somnus, but somehow I found myself thinking more onto the fantasy side of things and ended up drawing a younger version of Nui, a character I had done a full body image of about a year ago.

For those of you who dont know, Nui was a character I made for an RP who was essentially able to transform into a dragon. Though I haven't drawn his dragon form yet, I found myself drawing him as a kid, sitting and chilling on a large tree root. I was actually rather surprised how it came out, considering I had no plan in mind when I started and was using pen from the get go.


Honestly, I'd really like to do a digital version of this. Not only will it give me some practice on backgrounds (Or trees, specifically), but I think it might make for a fun image to complete. If I can get the background and lighting right, it could be quite pretty even. While Nui can be somewhat simple to draw in terms of not many complicated design details, he is a favourite, and I got to admit kid him is cute. I almost feel bad that I gave older him a haircut. Oh well!

Still, for a straight up pen sketch, I think it came out pretty good. :)

Still, any thoughts? I'm always happy for constructive comments!

Until next time!

Tara


No comments:

Post a Comment