Monday 9 April 2018

Hot Headed!



Hey everyone! Welcome back!

Welp, been a bit on the busy side at work this week. Since its coming up to time when Paid Holiday needs to be taken before the financial year ends, we've been working a bit short staffed. And then there was last minute calling in sick...(By last minute I mean half hour before I was finishing a shift and thus had to stay on for a few more hours to cover, then had some rearrangements to the rota for the rest of the week). Well, just ended up doing more hours than I thought I'd be doing at the Monday.

Still, at least I know I have some paid holiday to come soon, so I do have that to look forwards to. I'm beginning to make some plans for them, so should be fun :) Plus going somewhere a little different I might get some good reference material for my comics, at least in terms of realistic backgrounds. You can never have too much reference!

Speaking f reference, though less about backgrounds, I was having a play around with demonic features that could work for Damien (my devil dude I've drawn a few times) or, failing that, for another story idea I had that plays around with demons and the seven sins. I ended up with a head sketch front ad side view, though I think I could, if I worked on it digitally, have some fun with the effects I could make.


For example, the 'hair'. I was originally thinking flames, but considering this is a demon, I don't necessarily even need to go with orangey red ones (though it would still look pretty cool...uh, no pun intended), but I could try blue flames for a more supernatural feel, or I could drop flames all together and make it a black shadowy substance. Depending on just the colouring alone it could give this character a different feel to it, even give some hints about what the character is like. I could even follow a similar feel used in Disney's Hercules, how Hades' 'hair' changed colour with his emotions. So much to play with!

Beyond the hair, I exaggerated some of the features, such as the wide mouth and huge eyes. Sometimes simple human features that aren't 'quite right' can be quite freaky in and of themselves. Couple that with playing around with lighting effects and colour and it could come out pretty effective! 

If nothing else, playing around with this could help me to come up with some things that could even be used in the dreamscapes for Dreamwalkers. What do you guys think?

Until next time!

Tara


No comments:

Post a Comment